Re: [teacherartexchange] Aquestion for middle school and high school teachers

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 11:35:50 PDT

Maggie, this reminds me of another sure fire first day projects. I ask them
if they know what an Oreo cookie looks like. They draw that on a piece of
paper. THEN I give them a real Oreo and have them draw it. Of course they
get to eat the Oreo when they are finished. It is great for observational
skills, since they will all be shocked at the details they will notice when
they actually look at the cookie, rather than drawing from memory. My Oreo
lesson isn't as detailed as Maggies H.A.T. lesson, but it is quick and easy
to do in an hour. This is a good time for everyone to jump in with their
first day lessons! :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids