Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Bandwidth Theft & Copyright Infringement

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 07:19:51 PDT

On Jul 7, 2006, at 7:28 AM, Sharon wrote:

>> Hotlinking drives me crazy!!!
> Again, I think it's more a matter of kids hotlinking directly from
> image searches on google rather than visiting my website.
> For now, as Harold suggested, I've renamed the most often used
> images so I guess that will slow things down for a while. Maybe.

I wonder if changing how we label a jpeg image would help ? I now
label my pics so I can easily know what each is.
(ie: Rose01.jpg, Cat07.jpg or CuteGirl.jpg) When people do Google
searches for images I assume the search
knows what's in the jpeg by the file name alone. If I rename
Rose01.jpg to read pic1345.jpg perhaps it won't show
up in a Google search for Rose. Now, unless computers are smarter
than I think. Are they ?
Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703