Re: [teacherartexchange] Bandwidth Theft & Copyright Infringement

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 22:38:57 PDT

<<Sites are linked together all the time. Other people have links to my site
and
I don't see it as a problem. >>

No, generally it's not a problem and I'm linked up (on purpose!) all over
the place and I have links back to your site, to Harold's perspective page,
to the Incredible Art Dept., to Bunki's page, etc.,etc.

But apparently some of the kids who are/were using my images are getting
lots and lots of hits on their pages. When I was trying to make sense of
the stats, I finally figured out that one particular flower image had been
"hit" over 1200 times in June! It's apparently better to link to a page
than to a particular image, though I'm not quite sure why this is.

Like I said, I just started learning about this in the last day or so but
there are a lot of articles out there if you use "bandwidth theft" as your
search term.

This is one article I found on "hotlinking":
http://www.webmasterknowhow.com/hotlinking.html