Re: [teacherartexchange] Bandwidth Theft & Copyright Infringement

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 22:02:09 PDT

On Jul 6, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Sharon wrote:

> I finally realized why I was exceeding the allotted bandwidth on my
> website
> it's copyright infringement i
> Beyond that, however, is the more serious matter of bandwidth theft
> and "hotlinking,"

I will inquire with my web hosting company but as of now I have not
experienced
the issue. I do steal images from time to time for use on my web site
(downloaded)
when I need a certain image. I often put links on my site to other
sites. That feature
is the beauty of web pages. Yet I've never heard of this being a
problem. Sites are
linked together all the time. Other people have links to my site and
I don't see it as a
problem. I do exceed the alloted space on my hosts server and have to
remove
items to make room for new data. I think I have a 200 MG limit. But
that's not the
issue you raise. I will inquire to see how much bandwidth I'm allowed.
                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons