Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] kiln ventilation

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 14:20:19 PDT

check out the book "Artist Beware" by Michael McCann. He has a whole chapter
on ceramics. Suffice it to say that gases are being released by the glazes.
I would recommend buying or checking the book out of the library, and going
to his chapter and bringing the information to your BOE or administration.
In order to avoid removal of the ceramic experiences for your students
however, you must do your request in a political correct manner. As for
cancer connections, I am a cancer survivor and an art teacher. I don't know
if I could make direct connections, but I will say that cancer is a disease
that gets triggered in each of us differently for different reasons. (think

San D