Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Henry Ossawa Turner featured at the BMA (Baltimore Museum of Art)

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 07:25:05 PDT

A number of years ago the Nelson Gallery had a wonderful exhibit of
work on display. He has a connection to my home town Kansas City Kansas.
I believe his father was pastor at the AME church their for a while. The
exhibition of his work was well received and the local connection was
played up as well.

On Jul 6, 2006, at 7:46 AM, Christine Besack wrote:

> Hi All,
> Thought this might be of interest, as you do your Summer traveling.
> Pennsylvania born artist Henry Ossawa Tanner.
> Henry Ossawa Turner featured at the BMA (Baltimore Museum of Art)
> This gem of a Museum is a must see of you are in the Baltimore area.
> They have an impressive collection of mosaics, impressionist
> paintings and
> African Art.
> Here is a link to more information on Tanner and other African
> Americans in
> the Visual Arts:
> African Americans in the Visual Arts A Historical Perspective
> Hope this helps,
> Christine Besack :)
> PAEA Advocacy
> YAM Chair