[teacherartexchange] speaking of blogs

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 09:02:15 PDT

Speaking of blogs ....

From August through September my senior and entry-level art ed students will
be journaling online about their experiences in a grant-funded mentorship
program.

Senior art ed students will be mentoring entry-level art ed students. To
help the students understand mentoring and working in elementary classrooms,
we'll be having a half-day training workshop in the campus art museum the
second week of school. Our own Nancy Walkup will be visiting to help with
that. How lucky can these students be?

Seniors and sophomores will teamed at this point and the teams will work
together throughout the fall semester. We have a collaboration arranged with
an at-risk elementary campus near our university. My art ed students will be
teaching two days a week in the elementary afterschool program. Our campus
art museum--about two blocks from the school--is also adopting the school
for frequent after-school visits.

The art ed student blogs should reflect individual learning and track the
progress of the mentoring program. I'll post the links to the blogs for
those of you who would like to follow our progress.

Of course, a graduate research assistant and I will be documenting the
entire process and we will report the results for both art ed students and
the kids in the elementary school.

Pam