[teacherartexchange] Textile artist uses quilting to bring out the stories in her students

---------

From: The Storyteller and the Listener (healing_stories_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 06:27:55 PDT

Dear art teachers,

I publish a free, noncommercial online newsletter about the use of
story and narrative in peacemaking, healing, bridge building and
reconciliation work. Today's issue features an art educator from
Nebraska who uses quilting to bring out the stories in her students.
Since the newsletter is noncommercial, I'm hoping it is appropriate
to share this with you, as I thought you might be interested.

Holly Stevens
Oak Ridge, N.C.

-----------------------

Making the world a better place: The magic combination of quilting
and storytelling
http://storyteller-and-listener.blog-city.com/janie_york.htm

In today's issue of The Storyteller and the Listener Online, Omaha,
Neb., textile artist Janie York shares the magic of quilting when
used to help young students tell stories about how they create a
better world for others.

Please share this link with your network.

The Storyteller and the Listener Online is a free, noncommercial,
online newsletter that publishes two essays each month from around
the English-speaking world on the use of story and narrative in
peacemaking, healing, bridge building and reconciliation in the local
community. Essay proposals are welcome. Contact Holly Stevens at
healing_stories@mac.com