[teacherartexchange] New web gallery of my sculpture from 30 years ago

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 08:41:41 PDT

Over the years I have tried several ways to create web portfolios and
photo galleries. When I first started my website back in 1996 there
were few tools available to automatically create web photo galleries;
now there are many to choose from.

In the beginning I would simply create a page and insert the images.
Then I started using the web gallery option in Photoshop Elements and
Photoshop. The latest version of Photoshop, ver. CS2 has several more
options than Photoshop 7. I just finished making a new web portfolio
of my early sculpture, work done almost 30 years ago (wow I really am
getting old).

The images I originally posted on my web site were small so I went
back to a Kodak PhotoCD I had made back in 1993. They scanned 100 of
my slides and put them on a CD for about $60 back then. The problem
was the slides were not in pristine condition and the scans showed
every piece of dirt and every hair on them. The images also had color
problems. So I used Photoshop to clean up and color correct the images
a before and after image is on my blog.

The new web gallery is now on line at
http://www.olejarz.com/woodwaves/index.htm It uses Flash and I used an
option to include an audio file so I narrated the text that was on the
first version of the Wood Waves page. The problem with the audio is
that it repeats so if you get tired of listening to me hit the mute
button on your computer. A big problem with the template Photoshop
gives you is that you cannot easily add text to the page. Their
template just allows the basics. I tried adding text in Dreamweaver
but could not find a way to do it because I have no knowledge of
JavaScript.

BTW - A 30 year younger version of me is in one of the images.

--
Harold
Harold Olejarz