Re: [teacherartexchange] the voice of reason?

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 15:53:35 PDT

Hi All,
I suspect that those who should not be art teachers are the very ones who should
be art teachers. ;-)

I do not have a first hand account about why this art teacher was fired. It has
been difficult to piece together from the various posts on our List. It is
puzzling to me that she was fired given the rather liberal climate of Austin.
Having lived in Austin for over 12 years, I find it incongruent with what I
have experienced living in Austin myself. I can't help but wonder if this is
more a case of poor professional judgment than freedom of expression. It also
sounds like she ran awry of the wrong people. Nevertheless, it does sound like
a big over-reaction. I wonder what the real story is...

Diane