Re: [teacherartexchange] no-fail sewing project for K-6

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 13:11:19 PDT

Greetings Jean,

Linda Woods does sewn stuffed animals (and other creatures) with 3rd grade.

Go to:
http://www.sjs.org/stories/default.asp?L2=3&newsid=44754

Click on Lower School Gallery - then Third Grade. You will see and
entry for 2006 3rd grade stuffed animals.

Students design them on photocopy paper - so maximum size is about 8 x
11. They are made from felt and are blanket stitched together. This is
always a successful lesson for Linda.

Kathy Douglas has done sewn dolls in her choice classroom - but I
don't have any images of them.

Judy Decker