Re: [teacherartexchange] the voice of reason?

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 12:24:22 PDT

I've looked at the posted photos of Tamara
and I fail to see the art. ( and i must say, little nudity)

All teachers ARE under some kind of responsibility to uphold the
standards of their select community-- like it or not.
Most teacher contracts do, in fact have, morality clauses, and who
decides that morality can be at a whim.

The issue here is not the photos of Tamara
it is how the teacher she was conflicting with used the photos as
something against her.

Now that IS a question of morality and ethics... when teachers use
kids to justify their gripes. That is where the lesson is learned.
Think about the kids the teacher engaged to "get" Tamara. Think
about how they may be feeling because they caused a teacher to loose
her job? What a tangled web was woven.

Let's focus on the real issues. She had a problem with another
teacher and that teacher used kids to to bring some questionable
injustice against her. THAT is shameful.

This not about nudity at all.
It's about communication. It's about stuff that administrations just
don't want to deal with, and mostly it's about people not acting like
respectful human beings.
It's not about Tamara's life style, it's not about Tamara's ability
as a teacher, it's not about art. It's about sense and sensibility.

What we should be focussing on is how teachers treat other
teachers. If this other teacher had not had a gripe with Tamara we
wouldn't be reading this story.

Patty