RE: [teacherartexchange] African Unit suggestions

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 06:58:56 PDT

Randy. questions are good They provide food for thought. Connecting is a big issue for me as a teacher as i work in an area ( not kent)where students and the community actively resist engaging in thelearning process. I've been teaching 21 years and it's getting worse. I would like to know how you and others or what you and others are doing to connect. Deb in beautiful kent ohio--- On Sun 07/31, Randy Menninghaus < india99@infionline.net > wrote:From: Randy Menninghaus [mailto: india99@infionline.net]To: teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.eduDate: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 06:23:43 -0400Subject: [teacherartexchange] African Unit suggestionsFirst Africa is huge. I suggest you choose an area or time period.Second do lots of net researchThird, think why are you doing the unit? Is it to broaden theirunderstanding of another culture?Fourth think of your audience. How can you connect Africa with 8th graders?Making the connection is important to whether they will retain information.Sorry to