[teacherartexchange] Women Artists

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 06:23:21 PDT

For those of you looking for more women artists to include in your
classroom--the Gallery of New South Wales has an exhibit opening today of
Margaret Preston, an Australian artist. Her work (to me) is a cross
between Georgia O'Keefe and Janet Fish. She does a lot of florals,
botanicals and still lifes but I also like her architectural paintings.
See: http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/sub/preston/
Cindy