[teacherartexchange] Five Senses

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 19:43:59 PDT

I went in to school today to start getting my rooms ready (with 4 of them to
prep I have to start early!) Anyways, today I started with my library, and
as I was organizing books I came across one I had purchased, put on the
shelf, and forgot all about. It is "More than Meets the Eye: Seeing Art with
All Five Senses" by Bob Raczka. It shows different paintings and talks about
smelling paintings, and then goes on to show "Portrait of Pig" by James
Wyeth, tasting a painting while showing "Cakes" by Wayne Thiebaud, etc.

I definately have direction now for a 5 senses thematic unit between the
book and ideas shared before. Thanks all!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids