Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about Warhol images

---------

From: Linda Watson (lsw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 18:56:10 PDT

Pam,

I teach a lesson on Warhol's "shoes." Some of the images are

Diamond Dust Shoes
My Shoe Is Your Shoe
Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
Shoe I & II
Shoes, 1957

We talk about repetition creating unity; then the students pass their
shoes around and do large contour lines drawings on a large sheet of
paper. I also have extra unusual shoes on hand. Next, students must add
color and/or designs either inside the shoes or in the background. I got
the idea from "Arts & Activities" but tied in Warhol and his fascination
with shoes.

Linda