Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about Warhol images

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 18:53:07 PDT

Actually, I haven't shown them those - this could lead to a great
discussion. Have you used the images in class, and what was your student's
response? I think my students are intrigued by the fact that someone became
so extremely wealthy and famous using common images. They like the
Campbell's Soup Cans and the Coke bottles, which I believe is due to the
fact that they can relate to these images. They don't relate to the
portraits or the Brillo pads, but they did get a kick out of my sharing
memories of going to the S&H store so my mom could cash in her books of
stamps. I did a cube lesson with them (which is on my website), having them
transfer the concepts into modern day popular images.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids