Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about Warhol images

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 17:35:47 PDT

Obviously, the Campbell's Soup Can (large, single), the stacks of soup cans,
and the soup can wrapper dress. Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O', the flowers,
Brillo boxes, S&H green stamps (leads into an interesting thread on a lost
part of our culture), and coka-cola bottles. I think I favor these images
because I was at my state art ed board meeting, and the art center where we
meet was having a special showing of Andy Warhol. I didn't know it was
happening, and when the meeting ended the gallery director came in and
surprised us by letting us come in and view the exhibit. Seeing these
artworks was SO inspiring!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids