[teacherartexchange] another couple of cents on digital cameras...

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 10:35:21 PDT

Joe,

Here is a yet another suggestion for buying a digital camera. The Treasurer
of our state art education organization did some research and purchased an
A310 Fujifilm Digital Camera, for use in taking photos for printing in our
newsletter which, as both President and Editor, means I get to use it a lot!
It has been a grewat camera for under $400. It is extremely light and
portable and easy to use. As you are looking at other cameras to buy, here
are the A310's specs:

High Definition Color Processor
Effective pixels - 3.1 million pixels
Recorded pixels - 6.0 million pixels
Zoom - 3X (optical), 2.9X (digital)
ISO settings - Auto, 200, 400, 800
LCD monitor - 1.5" TFT
Movie feature (without sound)
Internet conferencing (Windows only)
USB

The camera comes with a 16mb card which is ok, but I am using a 64mb card to
take pictures with - the image storage capacity is much better.

I would also recommend getting a couple of extra rechargable batteries and a
battery charger to keep the camera operational for long periods of time.

The FinePix software that is comes with works on both MAC and PC
(Windows)computers, although I think that when using the MAC you need to be
using OS 10. I have both set ups at home and use the camera with both
machines.

It also comes in a handy case that slips onto your belt.

Perhaps more info than you needed....

Kevan