Re: [teacherartexchange] digital camera

---------

bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 10:15:35 PDT

I have a digital rebel from Canon that is my good camera. I have an A-85
from Canon and I use on trips and at school. It is small , 4 megapixals,
and will do all things manually if I want. It takes 4 AA bateries, that I
can replace anywhere and is easy to use. Good reviews made this an easy
choice.

Ken Schwab

bicyclken@earthlink.net
http://room3art.com

They do not capture fast motion. You have to get a fairly expensive
digital camera to get a faster shutter.>>

> Absolutely! I do a lot of digital photography (do far more
personal/professional photography now than art) and while I'm pleased with
my camera for some things (close-up nature photography, taking pics of
student artwork, etc.) my Nikon Coolpix is basically worthless in low-light
situations or when I'm trying to photograph sports events at school. It's
incredibly frustrating!

> Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to upgrade significantly (or at
all at the moment) and so there are real gaps in what I'm able to do with
my current camera.

> I think in trying to evaluate what type of camera you need, you need to
first figure out what you're going to be using it for and then compare all
the specs on different models.