RE:[teacherartexchange] Weaving to Fibonacci

---------

From: Leslie Miller (zandeerae_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 05:33:07 PDT

http://www.brsbasket.com/

Go to the site above. It's for Billie Ruth Sudduth in Penland, NC (or near
Penland). I visited her with Paulus Berensohn, when I took a class at
Penland a few years ago. She was a school teacher, who turned social worker
in schools and began to teach math through basket making. The Fibonacci
patterns were used by the Cherokee Indians down there. Billie Ruth learned
from them. I was so glad Paulus knew her and we spent the better part of a
day with her. Nice lady. I could have bought one of her large baskets ,
then, for $450. I was stupid; now they are thousands!

Enjoy.
Les

Leslie A.Miller
ORIGINAL PAPERCUTS