Re: [teacherartexchange] Art supplies on a budget

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 21:24:08 PDT

When I taught on a cart I was always on carpet. I found that just making a
big deal about painting and the need to be extra careful was usually enough.
I had very few spills, and even then the students were so excited about
getting to paint that they were great about cleaning up those spills. With a
budget of $500 I would purchase tempera cakes, a class set of brushes (lg &
small), construction paper & oil pastels. Lots of white drawing paper. With
money being really tight, can you have each class bring one item (ex. 1st
graders all bring a box of markers, 2nd grade watercolors, - these go into
the community pot to be shared among all the classes and is a great way to
stretch your budget) If you have special "must-do" projects then order
supplies for those. I have alot of lessons on my site that are all
low-budget projects, as I've never had a great budget.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids