Re: [teacherartexchange] digital camera

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 12:28:40 PDT

My favorite all round digital camera is a Canon PowerShot. It has a unique image stabilizer feature (I believe it uses a tiny gyroscope that helps guard against camera shake). This is helpful in low light or when using telephoto without a tripod and without flash. Other specifications include: 3.2 megapixels (makes good 8x10 prints), 10x optical zoom, auto and manual focus, program and manual exposure, ISO range 50-400, 4 AA batteries, self-timer, movie mode with sound. After taking a picture, I can enlarge it and verify that it is sharp. I can also preview the histogram to check the exposure tonal range included. It uses a compact flash memory card to save files. I use a $20 USB card reader made by PNY to move pictures to computer. This camera is available on the Internet for under $250. I also have a 6.2 megapixel camera, but it is bulky and I only use it for photos that need to be gallery quality larger than 5x7 inches.

The camera includes a memory card, but a card with more memory is nice to have. A 512MB card is under $50, holds over 300 of the best quality photos and can be used over and over for years.
http://www.flash-memory-store.com/compactflash.html

Marvin Bartel
bartelart.com