[teacherartexchange] my new work - images of death

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 16:07:27 PDT

Hi,

I have posted a series of images that I have been working on for the
last two months.The images deal with death and are of dead animals. If
you find that disturbing please do not click on the link.

Harold

Death In The Suburbs
http://www.olejarz.com/art/deathinsuburbs/index.html
After 12 years of surviving, living with, fighting and suffering from
breast cancer my mother passed away on Friday, March 25th, 2005. My
experience of her dying and her death leaves me with a profound sense
of loss. Over the last month, I have come upon many animals during the
course of my daily travels in the suburbs of Northern New Jersey that
have died, been killed by automobiles or killed by another animal. In
the past, I tended to feel a moment or sorrow, look away and then move
on. The one exception was when a neighbor hit and killed a squirrel in
front of my house two years ago. I did photograph the dead squirrel
and remove the corpse. With the exception of those two images of the
Squirrel On My Street, all of the images in this photo gallery were
captured in June & July, 2005 during the course of my daily activities
like walking my dogs, riding my bike or doing errands in my car.

--
Harold Olejarz
www.olejarz.com