Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] graffiti art

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 13:51:17 PDT

wow, diane's q: graffiti/public is fascinating. some
think graffiti=vandalism or eyesore yet not many get
upset about billboards and advertisements
in gainesville we have a concrete wall several blocks
long where grafitti is ok. its on a main
thoroughfare. one of the longest lasting sections was
a memorial.

love the graffiti names idea for back to school
portfolio designs! would be a great way to start the
year - what is art/an artist?

stencil street art also intriguing for lesson
possibilities! very similar to printmaking
(silkscreen)? kids could study stencil street art,
categorize by communicative statement, style...then
make their own. planning: what is the message? is
it supposed to make viewers smile, think, act???
where is it ok to put stencils, not ok?

thank you all for sharing this great stuff!

more on graffiti:

:D wendy free

ps is there a graffiti/spray painting "how to"?

Do you Yahoo!?