Re: [teacherartexchange] Picasso lesson

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 19:12:18 PDT

I had a discussion with my 6th grade students when we were doing a unit on
cubism. I shared several reproductions to familiarize the students with
Picasso's various periods, and they pretty much understood until we got to
Guernica. They had trouble comprehending the images, until I asked them how
they felt on Sept.11. It was amazing how quickly they understood after that.
I didn't spend alot of time on the concept, but listening to the students
discuss the painting and making modern day comparisons was memorable.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids