[teacherartexchange] ART TOOLS

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 15:57:54 PDT

Holly and All

What about teaching students art tools before a grid drawing etc....

ART TOOLS:

HAVING AWARENESS

HAVING OBSERVATION SKILLS

HAVING PLACEMENT OPTIONS

WHAT OPTIONS ARE THERE FOR FILLING IN A SPACE

GETTING AND DEVELOPING IDEAS

KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION SKILLS OF DESIGN BASICS

I believe that having these tools can make your creativity flow and your art
understanding say oh yes IT IS RIGHT. This gives your students confidence
and success.

Teachers how do you incorporate or teach art tools? What lesson plans do you
have for art tools? What other art tools do you teach?

After checking INSPIRATION ODYSSEY out of the library for at least 30 times
I bought it.

In Diana Wessel's book INSPIRATION ODYSSEY her chapters gives such great
information on how to develop as an artist. I believe her Ideas could be
taught as art journal exercises.

Sara