[teacherartexchange] TICA Program in Chicago

---------

From: Teresa Sheffey (TSHEFFEY_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 09:18:39 PDT

Hello all,
I was lucky to be able to attend the TICA program this year at the Chicago
Institute of Contemporary Art. I know some of you have attended in the past.
I would highly recommend it to all of you. It was a 2 week program designed
for teachers who have taught for at least 10 years. I think it is to
reignite the fire under us and our love for art history. You can go to the
site for the Chicago Institute and click on the TICA program to find out
more. The first week is fully paid (except for airfare) and the second week
is optional. Contemporary artists came to talk to us every day, we had daily
gallery discussions, and worked in the studio. I am really inspired now to
teach more art history and spend more time showing the kids the work being
done today by contemporary artists.
Teresa in El Paso