Re: [teacherartexchange] Changing our story

---------

From: Teresa Sheffey (TSHEFFEY_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 09:13:38 PDT

Diane,
I agree with you on this one. I go back and forth. It can become such a
struggle to make sure each students understands every aspect of these
technical things. What I often miss in high school is the creative element.
They are so concerned with, "Is this what you want?" that they cannot just
express themselves. I am going to try some elements of TAB this year and try
to give the students more choices hoping I will see some of their creativity
return. It is often so buried underneath years of schooling. I would love to
hear what others have to say about this dialog.
Teresa in El Paso