[teacherartexchange] learning to throw

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 06:26:15 PDT

If you teach high school ceramics, take a look at this free throwing tutorial. I created and posted it five summers ago after teaching throwing for 40 years. Many teachers are now using it as a supplement to make throwing easier for their students. Teachers also find ideas to help with their own throwing abilities.

Google LEARNING TO THROW

It is copyrighted, but if wish to print, laminate, and post some of the instructions near your wheels, send a request for permission. Specify Learning to Throw. You already have permission to may make a link to the site to help your students find it.

Send suggestions and questions.

Dr. Marvin Bartel, Ed.D., Professor of Art Emeritus
studio phone: 574-533-0171
http://www.bartelart.com email: marvinpb@goshen.edu

The teacher asks: "Why do people practice?"
The students respond: "To make things easier."
--- quotation from Edmund Sprunger in HELPING PARENTS PRACTICE, available from Yes Publishing, October, 2005 (Ed was one of my ceramics students).