Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] still life drawing

---------

_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 20:20:49 PDT

Thanks for another good idea! With my high schoolers in Drawing I class, I
have them do drawing (line, value, etc...) exercises (one of those projects
being a still-life of seashells, courtesy of Ken Schwab-thank you Ken!)
leading up to a finished and final project. One student wrote to me on her
final exam this last term stating that she appreciated the way in which I
explained and demonstrated and had them, in turn, practice these techniques
throughout the term..because it made their final work that much more
successful. On the Drawing I final, I have the students choose any object
(animate or inanimate) to draw. They draw that object in line, then again
in value; in pointillism and finally in color. I have them fold a piece of
drawing paper into quarters for each phase and usually begin the project a
week before so they have enough time to finish. Alot of these drawings turn
out so well! By the way, for those of you who haven't done so already, take
a look at Ken's book entitled, "Drawing Course 101". You can order through
Amazon. It's great!
BF