Re:[teacherartexchange] Graffiti Art

---------

From: Terry Marney (terrylou63_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 17:21:16 PDT

 I LOVED Laurie's idea of creating a tribute to a
teacher by using chalk on an outside wall. I will
seriously look into using this idea this year! I bet
the kids loved it too! I'm a first-year teacher, and
it never occurred to me to actually do this on a
school wall! I wonder if my principal would allow it.
   Michal, is that what you meant by the "final
graffiti connection"? My students didn't actually
make graffiti on a wall..instead it was more about
creative lettering, symbolism, etc. and I displayed
their work on the cafeteria wall. They did enjoy it,
but Laurie's idea would take it a step further. I
found a website about a group of 'taggers' in LA who
started out vandalizing, but later decided to use
their talents for good instead of evil! And they got
paid for it, to boot!! They call themselves "In
Creative Unity" and their website is:
http://instructors.sbcc.edu/esl/goodnough/level2labsite/increativeunitysite/increative
unity.htm
You probably have to cut & paste the url into your
browser.