Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] middle school lessons

---------

From: Laurie Reber (lareb18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 17:25:36 PDT

To piggyback off the graffiti lesson. I had my
students do the same type of project at the end of the
school year. Rather than doing their name, I had them
plan a tribute to the teacher who they felt impacted
them the most during their two years in junior high
school. They planned their sketches and then had them
approved by me for "appropriateness" (you know how
junior high schoolers can sometimes be - lol!). I then
had the students take their sketches and a box of
colored chalk and we "graffiti'd" the outside brick
walls behind the art classroom at school. I then sent
an invitation to those teachers who were tributed so
that they could come and view their tribute wall. The
students loved the idea of the tribute AND the idea of
being able to "approporiately graffiti" the school
walls. The teachers loved the kudos - many were
surprised as to who had tributed them - it was a
positive way to end the school year.