[teacherartexchange] Literacy project in Northport-East Northport Sch District Art Dept nice Art and Reading Info

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 05:13:42 PDT

Hi All,
Here is a link to a district wide literacy project in a NY school district.
The link below is information what they are doing in terms of the Arts and
Reading. Anyone out there happen to teach in this district. I'd love to hear
from someone practicing these strategies.
I love the current thread on the Getty list now. Great discussions. Elements
and Principles, Eisner, Big Questions.
Yes Yes Yes , back to semi normal Art Ed food for thought !!!

 http://northport.k12.ny.us/aspiration/departments/art/index.html

I am planning to present at my state conference in October on Art and
Literacy strategies. Just beginning to gather info.

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)