RE: [teacherartexchange] Elliot Eisner on choice

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 05:07:52 PDT

>I, too, am standards driven.<

Perhaps I have been at this too long, but it seems to me that when
"standards" (that's what 'it's' called now) became emphasized in districts,
teachers started to shift their thinking, instead of realizing that a good
teacher already covers all of those 'standards' and much more. I haven't
found 'standard based teaching' a problem, on the contrary, I have found it
to be a creative challenge, and in many ways an 'eye opener' for those
non-academic teachers and administrators who truly do NOT "know" what an art
educator does and has been doing.

San D