Re: [teacherartexchange] Elliot Eisner on choice

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 19:38:06 PDT

Vicky,

Who sets the standards and who determines what the essential knowledge is?
Setting standards sounds like some external authority that determines what is
important for you or others. Essential knowledge sounds like someone who
thinks they know what that is. Standards and essential knowledge are
important. I would support setting ones own standards and essential knowledge.
 Frankly I would be most interested in what students can do.

Cheers,

Diane

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory