Re: [teacherartexchange] Middle School lessons/finding meaning

---------

vranck0602_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 19:31:09 PDT

Thanks Pam, that sounds right and good.
Vicki

-----Original Message-----
From: Pam <pgstephens@npgcable.com>
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Sent: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:25:12 -0700
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Middle School lessons/finding meaning

    About the middle school curriculum....Vicki I would be willing to
bet that if you took the finding meaning approach that you will see
that the kids become more engaged with the art. Try the Great Books
Shared Inquiry tutorial for some model questions and then develop some
pointed questions about the works of art that you usually use for
exploring the e/p. http://talk.greatbooks.org/igb/%a0

  One of the concepts of shared inquiry is that the techer acts as a
leader and does not provide answers; just guidance. Your questions
should be specific to the work of art so that students are led to find
meaning. The best questions have more than one correct answer. The
levels of questions are much like Bloom's Taxonomy or Feldman's
critical inquiry. Begin with factual questions then advance to
interpretation and evaluation.

 Pam
 Join us in June 2006 for Paris, Avignon, and the French Riviera
 Space is limited --- E-mail this address for details
 For art teaching resources, professional development, & travel, visit:
 www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com
 For information about the NAU art education program:
 Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
 Northern Arizona University
 Art Education
 P.O. Box 6020
 Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
 928.523.2432 (voice mail) 928.523.3333 (fax)
 Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
 http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm%a0

http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/unsubscribe.html%a0