[teacherartexchange] Finding meaning/questioning strategies (Jennifer and all)

---------

From: Deborah Kaye (kaye.deborah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 13:57:12 PDT

Hi Jennifer and all,

Pam, your post reminded me of Craig Roland's "It's the Thought that Counts".
I know this has been posted before - but we now have many new members.

See "It's the Thought That Counts"
http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/teach/itsthethought.html
pdf file in two separate downloads - 33 pages in all.

Read about questioning strategies - see "What's the BIG idea?" and
"Some BIG QUESTIONS in art" - and more.

Read through the file, Jennifer. I think it will help you develop some
strong hands activities. Visit Craig's @rtroom site for some project
ideas that would be good.
http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/
The artist hat is a cute idea that is suggested in the file. Visitors
to your museum could make a hat - then wear it while they think about
some of the Big Ideas/Big questions while looking at the selected
works. Lots of possibilities.

Deborah