[teacherartexchange] important concepts to teach kids

---------

From: Jennifer Sabo (jsabo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 10:05:52 PDT

Hi all,

I am in charge of creating all art programming for a children's museum and am working on reviewing and reevaluating our programs. Currently our programs consist of more "messy play" that allows children to experiment with materials but doesn't go into art concepts or artists.

I would like to include art concepts and artists into our programs. The current discussion on the top ten images has helped me in selecting artists to introduce but now I'd like to know your top ten concepts (line, color, etc) you feel children should be exposed to. The children we serve are generally 4-10. Please keep in mind that these programs are open and children are free to come and go as they like.

Thank you for all your ideas.

Jennifer