[teacherartexchange] Classroom Connect Seminar from the Art Institute of Chicago (3 CPDUs)

---------

From: Kimberly Hutts (kimberly_hutts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 06:44:15 PDT

Dear friends,

I would like to attend this seminar, but believe that
there is a minimum group number of 15 before it can be
scheduled. Would anyone else be interested in signing
up with me? I have included the seminar information
provided on the Art Institute's website below. I
would like to take it as soon as possible. Hope to
hear back from everyone soon.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Butts

Classroom Connect Seminar Offered by The Art Institute
of Chicago:

Classroom Connect is a seminar available for teachers,
art volunteers in the classroom, pre-service students,
and other educators interested in learning how the Art
Institute can help you to create practical
applications for the classroom. Classroom Connect is
conducted throughout the school year. Please schedule
at least two months in advance. For more information,
call (312) 443-3719 or e-mail trc@artic.edu.

Fee: $12 per person ($6 per pre-service student)
Group size:15?150 educators
3 CPDUs

Seminar Structure
30 minutes: Introduction to the Teacher Resource
Center and teacher programs
Educators get an orientation to the resources and
programs offered at the Art Institute.

1.5 hours: Object-based learning activities in the
galleries
Educators learn how to engage students with works of
art through gallery activities and group discussion
led by education staff.

45 minutes: Curriculum connections
In round-table discussions, educators brainstorm ways
to incorporate specific works of art into their
classroom curriculua.

15 minutes: Wrap-up and evaluation