Re: [teacherartexchange] Free Materials For Art

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 21:41:31 PDT

I love when my town brings in the big dumpsters for "city wide clean-up
days". I have gotten chairs, end tables, yard art, all sorts of stuff that
just needed an imaginative eye to "what could be". All of my painted
furniture is past it's prime as respectable, usable, & functional, so I
transform it with paint, sparklies, etc. Goodwill & Salvation Army are good
for art. My absolute all-time favorite store is called "The Yard". All
Wichita area art teachers have probably been here - it's a Boeing surplus
store, and the stuff you find there is amazing, with great prices as well. I
don't necessarily shop these places to save money (which is always a good
thing), but to find unique items. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids