Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Scholastic Art Magazine - ARTaFacts Magazine

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 10:55:05 PDT

Thanks Deborah for the great information. I knew about Scholastics, but I
didn't know they offered materials for upper elementary. I will check into it.
 I didn't anything about the other company.

These will be great resources for my students and I will definately pass it
along to my students. They have some terrific resource boxes and this would
fit in nicely with their collections.

Thanks Deborah!

Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate
Studies in Art Education
Texas Woman's University
Denton, TX  76204
Quoting Deborah Kaye <>:
> Hi Stacie and all,
> Since we have so many new members, I decided to post this to the list.
> Scholastic Art Magazine is geared for grades 7 and up - but they now
> have an elementary teacher's edition for using with grades 4 through
> 6.
> When my school would no longer purchase these for my middle school
> students, I bought ten subscriptions myself. I found them to be a
> valuable resource. They were also good for substitute lessons when I
> didn't want the students doing their hands on project.
> See the sample issue on the site (for Piet Mondrian) along with teacher's
> guide.
> You can order a free sample through the web site - or order toll free
> 1-800-724-6527
> Another source that many like to use is ARTaFacts Magazine
> You might want to order a class set for elementary - then order the
> secondary issue as reference for yourself (since you teach
> elementary). You may also order a free sample to review. These come
> out five times a school year - and are a bit more economical for a
> classroom set.
> My personal preference is Scholastic Art (for middle school) since you
> also get a nice size poster to laminate (I think I paid between $75 to
> $80 for ten issues). Look at the artists they are offering next year
> and see if they interest you.
> Diane - if you are reading. You might want to get copies of these for
> your pre-service teachers to evaluate.
> Deborah
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to