Re:[teacherartexchange] preservice teachers

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 10:51:30 PDT

Hi Linda and All,

Sending a newsletter to parents and involving parents in an active way is a
great idea. When teaching elementary art myself, this was something I did
simply because I needed help! However, I soon discovered that having the
parents involved was a godsend since they became my greatest advocates. The
PTA did fund the completion of a new art room as a result of my involvement
with parents. It happened accidently because I needed help, but you are right
it is a great way to advocate for art in education.

Thanks for your suggestion and helping me remember the value of this type of
thing.

Cheers,

Diane

--