Re: [teacherartexchange] "When Museums Sell Out" NY Times article

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 14:02:52 PDT

San D,

This is a great analogy--birders and museum-goers. I think you're
absolutely right about people "collecting" blockbuster shows; in fact,
that description may fit some friends who will fly to NY, SF, or even
London to see important shows. When the Phoenix Museum finished
extensive renovation and was finally able to have blockbusters,
attendance at those were astounding. It's always my hope that the
attendees will wander into the rest of the museum and see things in the
permanent collection they'll return to see later.

Maggie