RE: [teacherartexchange] pre-service art teachers

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 08:47:02 PDT

I like the idea of tying everything into the curriculum project to make
everything as "real" as possible.

---------------

Another idea relating to making it as "real" as possible would be coming up
with a list of "resources" including but not limited to:

local galleries
local museums
speakers (i.e. the (house)painter in your community that does 'faux' work,
the local arts council, the local college art students-I had a decoy carver
and puppeteer come speak, both local)
online sources that are "kid friendly"

If you don't want to make this list part of your long term project, I still
would urge the students to make up a list prior to teaching. Perhaps just
making a form for them to keep to add these resources to would be enough.
(i.e. organization, address, phone number, contact person, expertise).

San D