Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] pre-service art teachers

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 08:47:02 PDT

I like the idea of tying everything into the curriculum project to make
everything as "real" as possible.

Another idea relating to making it as "real" as possible would be coming up
with a list of "resources" including but not limited to:

local galleries
local museums
speakers (i.e. the (house)painter in your community that does 'faux' work,
the local arts council, the local college art students-I had a decoy carver
and puppeteer come speak, both local)
online sources that are "kid friendly"

If you don't want to make this list part of your long term project, I still
would urge the students to make up a list prior to teaching. Perhaps just
making a form for them to keep to add these resources to would be enough.
(i.e. organization, address, phone number, contact person, expertise).

San D

To unsubscribe go to