Re: [teacherartexchange] pre-service art teachers

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 17 2005 - 07:55:09 PDT

Great suggestion! Starting a program from scratch can be overwhelming ( I
started mine a dozen years ago - it was very stressful!) I didn't even know
about art supply catalogs! Pre-service teachers should know about SAX,
United Arts & Education, Triarco, Dick Blick, Classroom Direct, and whatever
others I'm missing (I KNOW there are alot more catalogs I use, cause my
shelf has a lot more than 5 catalogs! *L*) Coming up with a list of
"must-haves" vs. "wants", discussing organizing those supplies - individual
watercolors vs. sharing, etc. I truely wish I had gotten more "practical"
advice during my pre-service years.

I would also think that learning how to effectively use the internet as a
professional development tool would also be a good topic to cover.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids