RE: [teacherartexchange] Some ideas

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 14:48:00 PDT

Hi All,
.

Do you guys have any reactions or additional ideas to add to what I have
planned
so far?

Cheers,

Diane

-----------------
An activity I would suggest is that each of the four groups be given a list
of supplies (that you come up with) and be challenged to write a lesson plan
with those specific supplies. In this way they could see the 'possibilites'
of limited supplies. As teacher leader in the high school, I find that some
of the teachers become more perplexed as their supplies run out, and instead
of looking at the 'left over' supplies as a creative challenge, they feel
handicapped. Our ordering process requires us to "imagine" how many students
we might be having in our classes prior to any student actually signing up
for our courses. On the elementary school level I would assume the numbers
of students are fixed.

Speaking of supplies....I don't see any exercise that you might have planned
for ordering on the elementary level. Perhaps another activity would be
given X budget, what would you order for each of the four groups.

San D