Re: [teacherartexchange] pre-service art teachers

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 12:55:21 PDT

Oops - I mis-read that - I read it as Pre-Service Teachers and went that
route. For art ed majors I would still show them how to create lessons using
different sources - famous reproductions, children's books, etc. Make it
relevant - I think one of the most frustrating things for me was spending
years learning theories, but not relevance. I would make sure they walk out
with an armload of lesson examples they can actually take into the
classroom. I think it would be interesting to have them create a final
product, and then have them create a lesson plan from it. The class could
then share their lesson plans, which would give them an assortment of ideas
using one artwork.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids