Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Advice With Digital Entries

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 21:54:35 PDT

Hi All,

Correction of typo. PC monitors project images at 96 dpi not 100 dpi. Sorry
for the typo. It would be most important to calibrate monitors/projectors.

Also, you might have to provide some kind of information about taking digital
photos of watercolors or refer artists to good books on the subject.

Finally, I would put in the usual disclaimer that the original work must look
like the digital image. Judges reserve the right to eliminate a work of art if
it is substantially different than the digital image.

If you are going to advertise the work or make a catalogue, you would need to
have TIFF images in addition to JPEGS and these would need to be high
resolution TIFF images. You would no doubt need to talk to the service bureau
who would handle the printing of the images to see what their specifications
would be for printing them. TIFF images take up more space on a CD, so you
might want to request DVDs, especially if their are multiple submissions. You
might also get involved with color seperations and would need to have files in
CMYK. This could get complicated real fast. Consult a graphic designer about
all of this, especially if you plan to create a catalogue or a poster to
advertise/document the show.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate