Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Advice With Digital Entries

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 21:40:08 PDT

Hi Woody,

Interesting questions about submitting digital files for Watercolor Juried art
shows.

I recommend that they send the files on CD. Save to 100 dpi since Macintosh
montitors present images at 72 DPI and PC monitors present images at 100 DPI.
I recommend that files be number coded and labeled with appropriate names that
correspond with a more detailed listing of a Microsoft Word file. Mac users
would need to provide a file with the .doc extension on all documents.

The images would need to be projected to judge the work and projected with a
reasonably good projector that has been calibrated.

When people submit entries, they need to be in a jewel case and a put in a
padded envelope designed for CDs. Jewel cases need to be clearly identified.

CDs would not be returned unless postage was provided for return postage.

It should be made clear that the same level of photography would be expected
with a digital camera image as that of a traditional film camera.

Another approach would be to have people submit PowerPoint presentations that
would include the size, media, title, cost, name of artist, etc. There would
be a combination of graphic images and text. The text might need to be on a
seperate PowerPoint slide so as not to take away/add to the art image.

Hope this helps.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate